Together we seek the lost, love the hurting, and disciple believers to do the same.
WE INVITE YOU TO COME AS YOU ARE.
Sunday Sermons at 9:30 am
Bible study and fellowship opportunities following service.
Essential Rock Church & Friends,
Leaders at Essential Rock Church will be sharing and posting a daily encouraging faithful comment and prayer. Please enjoy!
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Well here is another early morning start…. I awake with the day already making its demands. Make the coffee! check my emails! Balance the finances! What is my schedule for the day?! What tasks need to accomplished?! What tasks did I miss yesterday?! What needs to be planned for the future?! The list can go on, rolling around in my head. My morning starts with the madness shouting it’s urgency to be satisfied while the important sits and waits patiently.
As I sit down to drink my morning coffee, I notice my Bible laying in the basket at arms length next to me. It captures my attention and I suddenly remember the verses of Philippians 4:6,7. I repeat them in my thoughts and I start to feel the truth of those faithful words. “The peace of God”. The peace of God, what is the peace of God? In that very moment, that split second of time, while reaching for my phone and pad to start the laboring tasks to attempt to satisfy the urgent in my head, God gently nudged my attention toward Him.
I push aside my demanding, obnoxious, selfish electronics, as a spoiled child throwing a tantrum and reach down for my Bible. As I’m unzipping it from the case, I can feel this anticipation or some sort of excitement come over me, thinking, “what is it God wants to bless me with?” Hurriedly I turn to the book of Philippians, flip through the pages and there I find in the 4th chapter, two verses that are highlighted, stained with different shades of yellow, double underlines as if drawing a superhighway on the page…. The first words leap out at me….DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING! Nothing?! And my old fading memory begins to work and remembers all the stressors and demands of the past and how, just about every time I’ve come to this verse, it would break the seal of my internal pressure cooker. I begin to experience that awesome feeling of peace come over me as I read on to finish the last sentence of verse seven…”And the Peace of God, which transcends all understanding, WILL GUARD your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” And it did….. So today….do not be anxious about anything. Cast your care because He love you. He promised His peace will sustain you through anything you’re going through today.
Father, how wonderful you are always guiding us to what we really need at moments when we are too blinded to see. Thank you for Your ever working mercy and peace that gently guides us back to your love for us. So many time we forget who we are in You. But your loving mercy celebrates to bring us back to your proclamation of who we are. We thank you for your peace that never falters and always saves us from ourselves. To you we give honor and glory, in the mighty, strong and eternal loving name of Jesus, our Lord….Amen
By August 16th Read: 1 Thessalonians & 2nd Thessalonians
Sermon Title: Living in the Light of Jesus”
By August 23rd Read: Titus and Philemon
Sermon Title: “Sound Doctrine and Radical Forgiveness”
By August 30th Read: 1 John, 2 John, & 3 John
Sermon Title: “God’s Lavishing Love”
By September 6th Read: Nehemiah 1-6 part 1
Sermon Title: “Passion, Purpose, & Completion” by Pastor John
By September 13th Read: Nehemiah 7-13 part 2
Sermon Title: “Returned, Repentant, & Reformed” by Pastor John
By September 20th Read: Colossians
Sermon Title: “Rescued and Rooted in Christ Jesus” by Pastor John
By September 27th Read: Galatians
Sermon Title: “Justified and Transformed” by Todd Vahlsing
By October 4th Read: Esther 1-5 Part 1
Sermon Title: “Protected With Purpose” by Brenda Slotten
By October 11th Read: Esther 6-10 Part 2
Sermon Title: "God's Providence For His People” by Brenda Slotten
By October 18th Read: Ecclesiastes 1-6
Sermon Title: “The Pathway to Wisdom” Part 1 By Pastor John
By October 25th Read: Ecclesiastes 7-12
Sermon Title: “The Pathway to Wisdom” part 2 by Pastor John
It’s Time To Regather!!!
Phase One Safe Practices for Essential Rock Church - Opening May 31st:
(All efforts will be made to provide a health safe church but health safety can’t be guaranteed)
Every Effort Will Be Taken To:
- Provide a safely sanitized Church
- Protect children with no Sunday School, just yet
- Protect babies by offering no nursery, just yet
- No weekday/weekend ministry groups will meet in this phase at Church.
- Masks are welcome and highly encouraged, but not mandated. (Those concerned are encouraged to take in our livestream until they feel safer)
- Families are invited to sit together. If needed, chairs can be separated, also, distant rows can be added for separation.
- Rubber gloves are welcome as well
- We request everyone follow safe separation (distancing) policy recommendations.
- No live communion temporarily during phase one. Please partake at home, or bring your own elements from home and partake during our livestream communion time as an individual or family at church. (Phase two will have individually wrapped/sealed communion elements for people to use).
- No passing of baskets for offering. They will be set out for people to make their tithe and offerings.
- No paper bulletins handed out. You can print your own from home before church, plus preprint your sermon notes to bring.
- Those with health concerns, risk factors, or living with those who do, are encouraged to stay home.
- Someone feeling sick or with a temperature above normal must stay home.
- Hand sanitizer is placed all around church
- No hand shakes or hugs
- Please bring your own Kleenex as we don’t offer shared use for now.
- Services will be purposely kept to 60 minutes or less to minimize gathering interaction time.
- Church will have a 2 day non-use rest period after Sunday services to allow any active virus to expire on most surfaces before cleaning crew volunteers clean.
- We will be omitting snacks and coffee bar until further notice. Feel free to bring your own coffee/tea!
We ask people to follow CDC recommendations and watch local and state guidelines as well.
Their is no pressure or judgements made on when you return. Seek God and be led by the Spirit as you individually, or as a family, decide when to return to live group church services. Our live-streaming is now a regular ongoing option for all.
God Bless Us As We Worship Our God!!!
If you happen to miss church, you still have the option to give. Click the picture to give tithes and offerings. This will direct you to our main campus, Christ the Rock Church. You can give with or without a login. You will need to enter amount and campus, Essential Rock Church. Thank you for being faithful stewards with what the Lord has given you.
You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”
2 Corinthians 9:7